Friday, February 26, 2010

... and New Leaves

... and now it's time to unveil all the exciting, fun things that have taken place over the last two and a half weeks since our February 9th post.

Trip to Lausanne

Our charming friend, Simon, who you will remember from the very beginning of this story, invited Chris and I out to his apartment on a Saturday to meet his wife and baby daughter.  We accepted with eagerness simply to meet his family.  Yet many surprises awaited us.

Simon prepared a gourmet lunch for us at his apartment.

His wife and daughter are undescribably adorable.  I intended to take a picture of them, but Lily, the baby, was put down for a nap before I could take a family photo.  I intend to take a picture of this wonderful family next time I see them.  They are eager to experience American BBQ at our place whenever we finally get an apartment.


After lunch, Simon took us on a tour of Lausanne.  Our first stop, walking distance from his apartment, is the Olympic Museum.  I had no idea there was such a place.  I vaguely knew that the Olympic flame was always burning somewhere in the world, but I didn't know it was in a small town near Geneva, Switzerland. 
Voila!  Here's the flame!
It's not fenced or anything.  Apparently everyone just respects it.

Two adorable pictures of Chris and Simon standing in front of one of several Olympic statues.


Front Entrance to Olympic Museum.


One of many magnificent Swiss Cathedrals.  This one in the heart of Lausanne.


More to follow...

1 comments:

Grace McHugh said...

Hey it looks like my abs on that statue! I never knew that is where the Olympic flame was. I always had assumed it was in Greece, silly me. I love you are meeting friends Kara. God has so many wonderful plans for you my dear.

Post a Comment