Friday, May 6, 2011

Moving Day

Goodbye Rue des Vollandes 15, hello Rue Cingria 4.

On Thursday, March 31st, we picked up and moved across town.  Our lease was up and our landlord was not re-renting our flat.  We were sad to leave our gorgeous, breezy flat and proximity to the lake, but much more thrilled to exchange it for a flat with an elevator.  Our new flat is smaller, but cuter and features a bigger balcony, on which we eat all our meals.  The kitchen/dining area is very small.  But we LOVE it here.  We actually wish we had been here from the start.

Soon I'll have pictures of the new flat, decorated, organized and ready for my parents upcoming visit in 3 weeks.  In the meantime, say goodbye to Rue des Vollandes...
Good memories.....









Hello Rue Cingria 4...
The following photos capture the mess I faced the first day after moving in.  The movers were quick, but not necessarily efficient.  Everything came out of the boxes, but here's a peek at the mess that followed.  I'm NOT complaining.  It's an amazing gift to have people do ALL the packing and unpacking FOR me in one day.



 Most of our paraphernalia went down to the cave, (the storage room) to make room for us to breathe.


It was a blessing to have the company of my friend, Devi, on moving day.  She is pregnant, in her 3'rd term, but still had the energy to keep me company and sort a few things with me on this crazy day.  Chris had to work late, so at about 8:30, went the movers finally finished, she and I called it a day and went out for dinner, to try a new Ethiopian restaurant.  She LOVES Ethiopian cuisine and it was a first time experience for me.  I enjoyed it.  A big platter of food is brought out to share and the idea is to eat everything with your hands.  I wish I'd taken pictures. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment