Friday, January 14, 2011

Hello Greece

At some point I will tell you about my first cozy Christmas in Europe, my Alpine ski retreat and Milan, Italy over New Year's weekend.  We will re-visit those memories during long, cold weeks of January and February coming just around the corner. 

For the moment, I'm certain you would be much more upset if I didn't make haste to tell you I just arrived in Athens, Greece!

My work weary husband has been here all week, holed up in a conference room.  So, I have arrived to join him for a long weekend to improve his quality of life ;) and explore Greece.

Look at the view from my room!
I can see the Acropolis.
Greece is the birthplace of Western civilization and I'm here to see it!


After taking these pictures, I flopped down on the bed, famished, and ordered room service: Lentil Salad, Vegetable Soup with Goat Cheese and Yoghurt Mousse for dessert.  True Greek perfection.
I've been so busy this week, it didn't hit me until I was on the plane this afternoon..... many years ago I made a wish to visit Italy and Greece during my lifetime.  Those were the top two places to see before I die.  In reality, I didn't expect these wishes to come true.  They seemed low in the scheme of God's priorities, or what I perceived to be God's priorities.  And yet here I am.  Somehow my life has led me to Greece without me making much effort to bring it to pass.

It gives me renewed faith.  If my minor wishes have been granted, surely my more important wishes are still on their way.

I've been to the hotel spa, erased travel aches and pains, and now it's time to plan my weekend!.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm eating a doughnut, and I didn't even wish for it! :D

Kellie said...

I am sitting here eating a stick of the marzipan you gave me. :-) life has a way of bringing us full circle sometimes, doesn't it? i'm glad you are enjoying greece!

Post a Comment