Friday, January 8, 2010

17 Days

I'm still here. I'm still moving to Switzerland. 17 days remain til the final move.

I'm peeking at you over a sea of belongings and boxes up to my head. Literally. I'm selling or giving away almost three quarters of our belongings. It's a delightful, liberating experience. I emptied out the front room of our house and have completely re-filled it to the brim with items to be sold or given away. I've run out of room in there and my give-away piles have extended to the hall and the diningroom and livingroom. I'm sincerely hoping my friends will come through here and take it all off my hands. The rest will go to the Salvation Army or some such place.

Sometime today or in the next 17 days, join me in this liberating experience. Dance with me in this delight. Even if all you do is go through one closet or even just one box... join me in this amazing experience of traveling life's journey a little lighter and less weighed down by stuff that will return to the dust.

4 comments:

dtwalley said...

Hey girl, you should definitely post when you're doing a garage sale cause I bet a bunch of us would show up!

Grace McHugh said...

Oh dear, do you have to give away that perfect couch you found at a garage sale???

Kellie said...

don't sell kate and cart. they'll always be in your heart.

Kara said...

The "perfect" couch is coming because it's small and will be practical and well used at this time. On the other hand, the massive recliner sofa is going to a cute young lady attending UCF here in Florida. I'm glad she loves it because we sure loved it too.

kate and cart were never of this world and never sellable anyway. =)

Post a Comment